Today we released Open vStorage 2.2 alpha 3. The only new features are on the Open vStorage Backend (ALBA) front:
- Metadata is now stored with a higher protection level.
- The protocol of the ASD is now more flexible in the light of future changes.
- Make it mandatory to configure both read- and writecache during the ovs setup partitioner.
- During add_vpool on devstack, the cinder.conf is updated with notification_driver which is incorrectly set as “nova.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier” for Juno.
- Added support for more physical disk configuration layouts.
- ClusterNotReachableException during vPool changes.
- Cannot extend vPool with volumes running.
- Update button clickable when an update is ongoing.
- Already configured storage nodes are now removed from the discovered ones.
- Fix for ASDs which don’t start.
- Issue where a slow long-running task could fail because of a timeout.
- Message delivery from albamgr to nsm_host can get stuck.
- Fix for ALBA Namespace doesn’t exists while it exists.