We released Fargo RC2 . Biggest new items in this release:
- Multiple performance improvements such as multiple proxies per volume driver (the default amount is 2), bypassing the proxy and go straight from the volume driver to the ASD in case of partial reads, local read preference in case of global backends (try to read from ASDs in the same datacenter instead of going over the network to another datacenter).
- API to limit the amount of data that gets loaded into the memory of the volume driver host. Instead of loading all metadata ofa vdisk into RAM, you can now specify the % it can take in RAM.
- Counter which keeps track of the amount of invalid checksum per ASD so we can flag bad ASDs faster.
- Configuring the scub proxy to be cache on write.
- Implemented timeouts for the volume driver calls.