Software Operations and Quality Assurance engineer
Company: iNuron – Open vStorage
Location: Lochristi near Ghent, Belgium
Experience: Starter/Junior/Mid level
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Function: Quality Assurance and Operations
iNuron, an innovating Cloud Technology startup, is developing a Software Defined Storage (SDS) platform that is ultra performing, scalable and extremely cost-effective. For the expansion of our Operations and Quality Assurance team we are looking for a Software Engineer to work out of our Ghent (Lochristi) office. The Software Engineer will be overseeing the quality of our released products and their support procedures.
In his Quality Assurance role, the Software Engineer will report to the QA technical lead and will play a key role in ensuring that the iNuron products meet all design specifications and are within the quality requirements set by Product Management.
In his Operations role, the Software Engineer will be responsible for the technical part of the installation and health of our active environments in order to deliver high quality support to our customers.
After a grace period, this person will be enrolled in our 24/7 schedule to support our customers.
The core responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing manual and automated software test plans
- Maintaining test result documentation
- Analyzing test results and recommending corrective action
- Assist in user acceptance testing
- Assist in configuration and testing of Partner and customer PoC’s on non standard configurations
- Create, Review and Update component and product documentation
- Documenting and implementing test standards and procedures
- Tracking and resolving issues, including those identified by customers
- Designing automated tests for potential quality defects
- Trouble shooting on complex known issues on our customers’ environments
- Investigating of new unknown issues
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar by experience
- Support engineer, with a strong interest in testing and quality assurance
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Stress resilient
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test automation (browser-based GUI automation, programming, and scripting)
- Experience working in agile development organizations is a plus
- Experience working in Virtualization systems such as KVM, Openstack or VMWare
- Knowledge of Linux (mainly Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, …) and networking
- Knowledge of Python, Bash or other advanced scripting languages
- Willing to travel abroad
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com or contact Wim Leus on
+32 9 324 25 70 for further queries.
For more information over the company or our products please visit www.openvstorage.com.
Latest News / Blogs
Open vStorage is the World`s fastest Distributed Block Store that spans across different Datacenter. It combines ultra-high performance and low latency connections with a data integrity that has no comparison. Data is distributed across datacenters using both Replication or Erasure Coding.
Joining Performance and Integrity is not a simple bolt-on solution and requires a from-the-ground-up approach. The open vStorage intelligence delivers up to 50,000,000 IOPs per rack. Disk Failures, Node Failures and even Datacenter Failures do not present data loss and hence do not threaten any of your Data Integrity.
You have been lead to believe that in order to have a 100% Data Loss Protection you have to compromise on Performance. While this might sound logical and acceptable, in is time to step out of the box and demand a non-compromise Storage Platform.