If you are looking for something in the middle of the beaten track, stop reading. At Open vStorage we like to do things differently and like to explore what is beyond. We strongly believe in the power of creativity and interaction with our peers. Our storage product is the best prove of this. We are proud to say that our team has created the world’s most agile storage platform and has put us on the playground together with the traditional storage giants.
In order to strengthen our team and make us play harder and stronger we are looking for talent in any shape. If
you are getting up whenever you fall, if you are always looking for the biggest wave to ride, we should meet!
To be able to extent the feature set and to increase the quality of our product we are looking for a Software Engineer to strengthen our team in Lochristi (Gent). As part of our dynamic development team you will be playing a key role building our agile storage platform.
The key responsibilities as a Software Engineer will be:
- Design and develop new Framework components
- Analyse incoming tickets and assess the level of defect
- Bug fixing on those software defects
- Implement unit tests
- Assist Operations team in troubleshooting complex issues
- Build proof of concepts
- Provide input to the Operations/Quality Engineering team for functional integration testing and update scenario’s.
- Create, Review and Update component and product documentation
Some of our expectations:
- Have what it takes to become a part of the Open vStorage team
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science would be nice but curiosity would be as good
- Experience with Linux based operating systems, file systems, networking, storage semantics, Hypervisors (KVM, VMware, OpenStack) would be very nice
- Team player with capability to develop well defined components independently
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Stress resilient, no fear for fast paced work environments and eager to learn
- Not afraid of airplanes as you might have to travel occasionally
- English is a must
- If you do not master Dutch, do not worry. You’ll only be missing out on some silly IT jokes but for the rest you’ll be fine
What you can expect of us:
The Open vStorage guarantees a challenging road, sometimes bumpy, sometimes fast but always challenging! You will play in an international environment where you will have peers from India to USA.
If this all has triggered something, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or give Wim Leus a call at +32.9.324.25.70.
For more information over the company or our products please visit www.openvstorage.com.
Latest News / Blogs
Open vStorage is the World`s fastest Distributed Block Store that spans across different Datacenter. It combines ultra-high performance and low latency connections with a data integrity that has no comparison. Data is distributed across datacenters using both Replication or Erasure Coding.
Joining Performance and Integrity is not a simple bolt-on solution and requires a from-the-ground-up approach. The open vStorage intelligence delivers up to 50,000,000 IOPs per rack. Disk Failures, Node Failures and even Datacenter Failures do not present data loss and hence do not threaten any of your Data Integrity.
You have been lead to believe that in order to have a 100% Data Loss Protection you have to compromise on Performance. While this might sound logical and acceptable, in is time to step out of the box and demand a non-compromise Storage Platform.