The vibe at the Open vStorage office is these days best explained by a song of the early nineties:
I like to move it, move it ~ Reel 2 Reel
While the summer time is in most companies a more quiet time, the Open vStorage office is buzzing like a beehive. Allow me to give you a short overview of what is happening:
- We are moving into our new, larger and stylish offices. The address remains the same but we are moving into a completely remodeled floor of the Idola business center.
- Next to physically moving desks at the Open vStorage HQ, we are also moving our code from BitBucket to GitHub. We have centralized all our code under https://github.com/openvstorage. To list a few of the projects: Arakoon (our consistent distributed key-value store), ALBA (the Open vStorage default ALternate BAckend) and of course Open vStorage itself. Go check it out!
- Finishing up our Open vStorage 2.2 GA release.
- Adding support for RedHat and Cent OS by merging in the Cent-OS branch. There is still some work to do around packaging, testing and upgrades so feel free to give a hand. As this was really a community effort, we owe everyone a big thank you.
- Working on some very cool features (RDMA anyone?) but let’s keep those for a separate post.
- Preparation for VMworld (San Francisco) and the OpenStack summit in Tokyo.
As you can see, many things going on at once so prepare for a hot Open vStorage fall!