The Open vStorage team is on fire. We released a new version of the Open vStorage software (select Test as QualityLevel). The new big features for this release are:
- Logging and log collecting: we have added logging to Open vStorage. The logs are also centrally gathered and stored in a distributed Search Engine (Elasticsearch). The logs can be viewed, browsed, searched and analyzed through Kibina, a very nice designed GUI.
- HA Support: Open vStorage does with this release not only support vMotion but also the HA functionality of VMware. This means that in case an ESXi Host dies and vCenter starts the VMs on another Host, the volumes will automatically be migrated along.
Some small feature that got into this release:
- Distributed filesystem can now be selected as Storage Backend in the GUI. Earlier you could select the file system but you could not extend it to more Grid Storage Routers (GSR). Now you can extend it across more GSRs and do vMotion on top of f.e. GlusterFS.
- The status of VMs on KVM is now updated quicker in the GUI.
- Manager.py has now an option to specify the version you want to install (run manager.py -v ‘version number’)
- Under administration there is now an About Open vStorage page displaying the version of all installed components.
In addition, the team also fixed 35 bugs.